On October 22, 1797, André-Jacques Garnerin loaded his molded silk parachute and jumped into a hydrogen balloon soaring at an altitude of 12,000 feet [3,200 m] over Paris, making history as the first man to descend from a high-altitude stand.
More than 300 years later, skiing became one of the most sought-after sports. Thousands of jumps are made every year and one of the most popular places to hear this exciting game is Dubai. Skydiving in Dubai has grown in popularity over the years, and with world-class locations, amazing locations in the sky, and expert instructors, it has cemented its position as one of the world’s top looking places. Where do you find the best options for skyrocketing or the most magnificent man-made islands – the Palm Islands?
In this guide, we will take a look at everything you know about Skydiving in Dubai. Whether you’re a classic flyer or the first counter to look sky-high in your bucket list, the sky-blue sky in Dubai is your answer.
Skydive Dubai Option
- Outdoor Skydive
- Indoor Skydive
Simply put, skating in the sky is what experts would describe as “real skiing”. You take a flight to altitudes of up to 13,000 ft and jump, with a parachute strapped to your back. While young athletes can experience skydiving (tightly and securely tied to a trainer), licensed jumpers can go solo.
Internal skydiving, on the other hand, mimics the reality of free falls in a dry air tunnel. As the name suggests, this type of sky skiing does not involve any natural phenomena. It is a great start for young people and those who have never had their first experience.
Skydive Dubai was founded in 2010 by H. Nasser Al Neyadi while Dubai hosted its first international tournament by Parachute in the Palm Drop Zone. Today, Skydive Dubai enjoys an excellent reputation for safety and professionalism and is one of the world’s leading skies. If you are flying in the sky with Skydive Dubai, make sure you are in the best hands and are in the company of skilled skydivers with thousands of cliffs under their belt. They also hold numerous Guinness World Records records and have developed 2 amazing ski resorts in Dubai.
The Global Village Dubai is located on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road E 311 road Dubai. It combines the cultures of 90 countries across the world in one place. It claims to be the world’s largest tourism, leisure, shopping, and entertainment project. Read More…..
Skydiving Locations in Dubai
All skydiving operations in Dubai are managed by Skydive Dubai. Skydive Dubai runs the biggest outdoor skydiving school in the world in the deserts outside Dubai. Their jumps take place in two incredible locations in Dubai – the Desert Campus dropzone and the more premium Palm Drop Zone
Desert Campus Drop Zone
The Desert Campus Drop Zone is located just outside the city, off the main road from Dubai to Al-Ain. The desertification not only handles early times but also has a school where you can take courses on the way to becoming a paid skydiver. As you glide across the desert, you will come across spectacular views of the desert dunes that lead to the sky of Dubai in the distance.
Cost: AED 1699
Palm Drop Zone
Palm Drop Zone is a premium drop-off center offered by SkyDive Dubai. Skydiving in Palm Drop Zone will give you a unique view of the life of the beautiful Palm Islands and the city of Dubai. Outstanding views include Ain Dubai (the world’s largest Ferris wheel), Palm Jumeirah Island, Atlantis Hotel, Burj Al Arab, “The World”, and Dubai Marina.
Your Dubai Skydiving Experience
- Your experience begins at the Skydive Dubai center where upon arrival, you will be asked to complete the required documents and a brief medical examination that includes measuring and measuring your BMI.
2. Half an hour before the flight, you will meet with your coach/partner who will explain the game to you, check your harnesses, and give you all the necessary instructions.
3. The person accompanying the camera will take your short chat before you leave. Remember to smile, it will be in your sky video.
4. At the boarding house, there will be a final check for gears and an op.
5. As you fly high, you will be greeted with great views of Dubai, the Palm Islands, and surrounding areas. The total time of the flight to the top drop-off point is 20 minutes. This is the last 20 minutes you have to resolve your emotions before taking action.
6. Once the plane has reached 13,000 meters, you will be protected by your professional trainer and with the camera fly, you will get off the plane and fall free for about 60 seconds, closing at a speed of up to 120 miles/hour!
7. At a distance of 6,000 meters, a parachute will be sent and within the next 5 minutes, you will land on the ground gently, all this while taking a good view of Dubai.
8. After a touchdown and a conversation after the jump, the experience will end. You will be able to collect a video of your escape and any other reminders from the in-store stored
Rules & Restrictions
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Please carry your valid photo id proofs Emirates ID, driver’s license, ID card with photo, passport.
- Weight and BMI (Body Mass Index) with clothing and sport shoes must not exceed the maximum safety requirements.
- The BMI and weight requirements are as follows:
- Women – 90 kgs (198 lbs) or less. Maximum BMI 27.5.
- Men – 100 kgs (220.5 lbs) or less. Maximum BMI 30.
Pro Tips For Your First Time Skydiving Experience
1.Eat a balanced and healthy breakfast before you go out of your way. Just know that flipping through the sky on an empty or full stomach is not a pleasant experience. Keep it simple and make sure you are well fed before diving.
2.Sleep well last night. While it’s normal to enjoy jumping to keep you up all night, try and make sure you can get a good night’s sleep.
3.Wear appropriate clothing – sports and luxury, sneakers/sports shoes. Sandals, high heels, and collar shirts will not be allowed.
4.Be prepared to wait. Skydiving is a game that relies heavily on the weather. Skydive Dubai authorities keep a regular check on the weather monitor to track the winds. If the wind blows or the weather gets worse, be prepared to wait. If the conditions are not right, your information may take a while.
5.If you are a woman and you are looking for a female tandem teacher, then kindly ask for the same on campus.
6.You don’t have to be an athlete to be in the sky. If your weight is below the limit and you are living a normal life, you should be fine.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?